Friday, January 21, 2011

Finding Kirby

There are rumors going around about a new Kirby game. No, not the Lemmings game, but another one. Apparently, it's supposed to be a revival of that GameCube title (which I'm now calling the "lost Kirby project"), and it may be released for the 3DS. If this is true, then it better have polygons instead of sprites.

I don't mind Kirby games (or for that matter any game) having sprites; in fact, I plan for one of my games to use sprites (no pre-rendered crap). But I would like to see Kirby in the form of a series of polygons and not just in a fighting game. I understand that Kirby 64 wasn't the most popular among the fans, but I liked it, and with some tweaks Kirby can definitely be in a few "2.5D" games. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing just one 3D platformer for the franchise as long as it's done well.

No comments:

Post a Comment