Sunday, August 22, 2010

Operating System Wars

"omg the mac is so great cause you have no viruses"
"lol as if, windows is better cause you can upgrade it"
"stfu linux is better cause 1337 people use"

Here's an original notion: why don't all three of you shut the hell up? I mean, is it really that important to know which operating system is better? Here's my two cents: They're all the bloody same. Each OS has their pros and cons, and if you disagree with me, you're more of an idiot than I originally began to suspect.

I can't really offer a valid argument, for I've only been using Windows. But I do plan to get both a Mac and a Linux. The reason as to why I do not have either two is because I'm broke. Do any of you plan on sending me something my way? No? Then quit calling me out.

Here's the deal: I've been using Windows for years and I've been quite pleased with it. The only reason why I have computer troubles is because my hardware is more outdated than Barrel Roll jokes. Which reminds me, Windows and Linux computers (they both share the same hardware, for the most part) have upgradeable hardware; Mac doesn't. If you want to upgrade your system, you'd need to buy an entirely new system. How much does the typical Mac computer cost? More than 1,000 USD. How much does a typical Windows computer cost? 500 USD.

Now for those who are going to say, "But the price proves Mac is higher-quality!" Not necessarily. If we were to compare the DS and the PSP, most intelligent people would choose the DS for its innovative hardware and gameplay. The only thing the PSP did was create a hackable system with nice graphics. But I see your point. Sometimes the price does matter, but don't let that consume you.

Let's look at viruses: how many Mac users are there to Windows users? Not many. There are many more Windows users than Mac users. So how does this fit in with viruses? Well, if you're a hacker and you want data, which group would you attack: a small group or a large group? More than likely you'd attack the large group, as that group has more data. And as more Mac users grow in numbers, it's only a matter of time before there are just as many viruses as Windows -- if not more.

... All right, so maybe that last statement was biased. Actually, very much biased. But you see where I'm going with this, right? Once Apple rises to power like Hitler did in the late 30s, there will be virus galore. Won't that be lovely, Mac users?

But now, it's time to bash Windows. My specialty! :)

With each Windows operating system comes one new thing: hope. And what is this hope? A new damn thing. And is this hope filled? Hah, balls no. Every Windows operating system is the same thing since 95, except with more required space, memory, and souls. Vista takes up more memory than me remembering what I had for breakfast this morning. It's that bad. Yeah, the parental restrictions were a nice feature... for parents. I'm the only one who uses this computer, so shouldn't the parental features be optional for download?

As for space, I have about 10 gigabytes left on this hard drive. I'm surprised my computer hasn't popped up a big dialog saying, "Get a bigger hard drive, you dunce."



Oh, and Linux is only good as a server. *runs like hell*

But seriously, stop with the fanboy wars. We, as humans, have more important things to do than to argue about stupid shit. Such as reading novels and educating ourselves for the future.

By the way, I hate every single one of you for no good reason. :)

*shot*

No comments:

Post a Comment